J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
B.B.A., University of California, Berkeley
Certified Public Accountant (Inactive), California
The Best Lawyers in America® 2007-2015 (Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law)
Dan B. Eng
- Contact information:
- T: 415.772.9608
- F: 415.433.3883
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets and Public Finance
- Commercial Lending and Secured Transactions
- Corporate Growth and Governance
- Corporate Securities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Daniel Eng represents companies in a variety of practice areas including general corporate, public and private offerings (equity and debt), mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and finance, and strategic alliances. His clients include companies in many industries, such as financial institutions, hospitality, technology, manufacturing, medical and pharmaceutical, retail, and mining. Dan also represents financial institutions involved in mergers and acquisitions, financings, reorganizations and various bank regulatory matters.
His experience includes serving as Staff Counsel to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C.
He concentrates on providing advice and guidance to private and public companies as well as investors in complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance matters. This includes private capital raising and the representation of issues and underwriters in initial and secondary public offerings under the Securities Act of 1933 and the preparation and filing of reports under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Dan also has substantial experience in the representation of financial institutions including the formation of de novo banks and holding company formations.
As part of his representation, Dan also counsels clients in connection with a variety of business and corporate governance issues including board conduct, purchase and sale agreements, license agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, sales and acquisitions, and employment and consulting agreements. Dan provides advice in these areas to companies that do business in the United States and internationally.
- Counseling and formation of de novo banks.
- General Counsel to multi-unit restaurant chain.
- Representation of a placement agent in the sale of $10.7 million shares of common stock of a bank.
- Representation of a public company in a $56 million going-private transaction.
- Representation of a publicly traded international pharmaceutical company in a $37.8 million merger acquisition.
- Representation of a publicly traded financial institution in a $32 million sale for cash and stock.
- Representation of a privately held bank in its sale to a publicly traded financial institution for $21.3 million in stock and cash.
- Representation of a mining company in a private offering.
- Representation of a publicly traded community bank in an $80.2 million merger transaction.
- Representation of various publicly traded financial institutions in connection with their issuer tender offers.