J.D., Order of the Coif, McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, 1999
Traynor Honor Society
B.A., cum laude, Georgetown University, 1991
State Bar of California, Business Law and Real Property Sections
Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property Sections
Association of Commercial Real Estate
Urban Land Institute
Children's Receiving Home of Sacramento, Board of Directors
Northern California Super Lawyers 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Shawn M. Kent
- Contact information:
- T: 916.558.6128
- F: 916.446.1611
- download v-card
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Lending and Secured Transactions
- Corporate Growth and Governance
- Corporate Securities
- Licensing and Distribution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate
Shawn is a Shareholder in the firm's Real Estate and Corporate groups.
Shawn’s real estate practice focuses on representing lenders, developers and investors in the finance, purchase, sale and development of real property. Shawn has extensive experience in representing lenders and borrowers in all types of real estate related loan transactions, including acquisition and development, construction, environmental remediation and permanent financing. Shawn’s experience also includes representing developers of commercial and residential projects, from the formation of the development entity and acquisition of property, to financing and construction of the project, and any resulting sale or leasing needs.
Shawn’s corporate practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies, including corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. Shawn’s experience includes working with companies of all sizes, from new business start-ups and family businesses to publicly traded companies. He represents companies in mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings, and a broad array of other business transactions, including distribution and licensing arrangements. Additionally, Shawn regularly advises clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters, as well as 1934 Act reporting obligations.
Shawn represents solar project developers, contractors, investors and owners. His representation includes the structuring, construction, financing and sale of solar power projects.
Prior to practicing law, Shawn was active in state politics and worked in the California State Legislature. Shawn also served as Executive Director of the California Health Facilities Financing Authority.
- Counsel for solar project developers and investors for entity structuring, project acquisition, project financing, and other project documentation, including site rites, easements, interconnection rights or construction agreements.
- Public company counsel for PIPE take down financing under S-3 registration
- Borrower’s counsel for over $400 million in acquisition and development, construction, and working capital loans for homebuilders, highrise and commercial developers.
- Seller’s counsel in the sale of the Esquire Plaza office building in downtown Sacramento.
- Lender’s counsel for over $350 million in syndicated loans with national lenders for the development and construction of five high-rise luxury condominium projects.
- Counsel for both sellers and buyers in the purchase and sale of wide variety of office and retail properties.