Shareholder Sherry S. Bragg Nominated for OCBA, Director at Large
August 9 2016
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I am so pleased to announce that I am running for a Director at Large position with the OCBA. I am writing to seek your support and your vote. Why should you vote for me?
- I have the experience, passion, and energy to work hard for the OCBA in a way that will benefit all members. As a long-time member of the Orange County Bar, I am proud of how the OCBA has represented and served the needs of our membership and the greater community. If elected, I will work hard to ensure that the OCBA continues its commitment to diversity, professional development, excellence in the practice of law, and the advancement of justice through accessibility of legal services and community events.
- I have always believed in giving back to my community, and I strive to honor this commitment through my involvement in various legal and community organizations. I am a member of several different OCBA bar affiliates, including OCAABA, HBA, TMBA, OCWL, and the Celtic Bar Association. I am also involved in the following organizations: the Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL) (member and former Board Member); the OCBA Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee (fee arbitrator); the OCBA Mentoring Committee (mentor); the Peter M. Elliott Inn of Court (Treasurer); the Orange County Bar Foundation (Fellow). I am also a committed supporter of the Public Law Center and the Veterans Legal Institute.
- I am committed to the future of the legal profession. Perhaps because I have three young adult children of my own, the oldest of which is in her third year of law school, I am passionately dedicated to the inclusion and professional training of our young lawyers. In furtherance of this passion, in addition to serving as a mentor through the OCBA, I also serve as a mentor to law students at UCI School of Law and Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law.
- I am involved with the community at large. I served for three years as a Board of Member of Human Options, an organization that works to break the cycle of domestic violence. I also volunteer as an advocate for Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), an organization that helps to ensure that children in the foster care system have both a voice and the services they need for a stable future.
- I have the professional experience to get the job done. I am a partner at Weintraub Tobin with a litigation practice focusing on a variety of business disputes. In addition to being a litigator, I served as the firm’s immediate past administrative managing partner and, for 23 years before that, as the co-founder and managing partner of Waldron & Bragg, a boutique litigation firm in Newport Beach. I have practiced exclusively in Southern California since my graduation from UCLA School of Law and admission to the bar in 1987.
I would like to continue my involvement and dedication to the legal community and to the community at large as a Board Member of the OCBA, and I would be honored to have your support. Online voting will begin on Tuesday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m. and will cease at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27, 2016. When you receive your OCBA electronic ballots on September 6, please vote for Sherry S. Bragg. You can learn more about me by clicking here, or endorse me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration.
To read more about the OCBA nomination, click here: http://bit.ly/2acEIgv