Weintraub Tobin integrates tax counsel across the firm’s practice groups, making intelligent and practical commercial tax analysis accessible to all our clients.
Creative, comprehensive and appropriately aggressive, our veteran tax professionals craft critical tax strategies to represent clients in audits. Transactional analysis is a major practice strength.
Weintraub Tobin attorneys provide sophisticated tax counsel, notable for its breadth, depth and industry expanse, in such areas as:
- Federal and State Tax Controversies and Audit Representation
- Entity Formation
- Transaction-Triggered Tax Liabilities
- Business Combinations, Mergers and Acquisitions, Partnerships, Spin-Offs
- Litigation Settlements
- International Tax Counsel
- Tax Exempt Entities
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Deferred Compensation and Synthetic Equity Agreements
- Real Estate Sales, Acquisitions and Development
We represent clients in tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board, and the California State Board of Equalization.
We tailor tax advice to the client matter. Typically, matters may range from startup formations and joint ventures to acquisitions, capital infusions, restructurings, and wind-downs. We provide coherent, pragmatic tax advice in an understandable format without ever compromising the level of sophistication that our clients’ matters require.