Oh Sh–! The Government is Knocking at Your Door
- When: Aug 18, 2016
- Where: Weintraub Tobin Office
Summary of Program
There is no universal way to prepare for a governmental audit, investigation or inspection. The employment laws governing your workplace have different compliance requirements and governmental agencies have different agendas and degrees of power. This seminar will include tips on whether, and how to, conduct a self audit; understanding the do’s and don’ts of compliance; and best practices.
- Labor Commissioner Claims and Audits — Conduct Regular Self Audits to Avoid and/or Be Prepared for Claims and Agency Audits
- EEOC/DFEH Investigations—Responding to Claims
- EDD Audits — Misclassification Issues
- USCIS/ICE Investigations—Complying with I-9 Requirements
- CalOSHA—Steps to Take to Be Prepared for an Audit
- Tips re: Government Audits and Physical Site Inspections
- Policy Compliance Audit
- HR Legal Compliance Audit
Date: August 18, 2016
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
9:00 am – 9:30 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 am – 11:30am – Seminar
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you for validation.
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
There will be no cost for this seminar.
*This seminar will be limited to 75 in-person attendees.