Alan L. Grodin is a shareholder whose practice primarily focuses on motion picture and television clients, and he has extensive experience in connection with the financing, production, distribution and acquisition of motion pictures as well as the development, production and licensing of television programs.
His clients include directors, writers, producers and financiers of motion picture and television programs. He represents his clients from the initial stage of rights acquisition through the assembly of the production elements and the financing, production and licensing of their projects in the United States as well as Asia, Europe and Africa. With significant experience in the music industry, Alan has also represented recording companies, recording artists, music publishers, songwriters and composers.
Recent significant activities include:
- Negotiation of multiple high-profile writer, showrunner agreements on behalf of a European-based television production and distribution company.
- Negotiation of writer and director’s agreements for services on multiple major feature films budgeted in excess of $100 million.
- Representation of a major Asian star/director in connection with co-financing and worldwide distribution of Chinese language high budget productions.
- Representation of a Chinese public company in connection with the production and financing of a new high budget Chinese feature film.
- Negotiation of the first international feature film co-production between a major U.S. studio and a Chinese-based company.
- Representation of a client in connection with the development of a film studio in Capetown, South Africa.
- Negotiation of a major independent record label distribution agreement.
- Negotiation of film distribution rights between major Russian producers/directors and US studios.
- Negotiation of worldwide license arrangements for a catalogue of classic television programs.
- Representation of a major Indian bank in connection with a motion picture production financing loan.
L.L.B., New York University, 1967
B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1964
State Bar of California,
Los Angeles County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania State University, College of Communications
Board of Visitors