C. Darrell Sooy
Darrell’s practice emphasizes Financial Institution Law, Real Property, and Secured Transactions. He has specific experience in litigating many of the important issues that have faced real property lenders in California.
Darrell served as counsel for the following California cases:
- The Appellate Court upheld the validity of the prepayment clause in mortgage loan documents (Lazzareschi Inv. Co. v. San Francisco Fed. Savings and Loan Association) (1971) 22 CA. 3d 303, 99 CR 417.
- The limited liability of construction lenders on construction project they fund (Fox & Carskadon Financial Corp . v. San Francisco Federal Savings and Loan Association(1975) 52 CA. 3d 484, 125 CR 549).
- The class action lawsuits against financial institutions such as Wilson v. San Francisco Federal Savings and Loan Association(1976) 62 CA. 3d 1, 132 CR 903.
When he’s not practicing law, Darrell is a regular lecturer for California Continuing Education of the Bar on the Subjects of Escrow and Escrow Litigation, Secured Real Property Transactions, and Recent Developments in Real Property Practice.
- Author, Chapter on “Escrow and Closing the Sale” in California Real Property Sales Transactions (1998) published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar and its annual supplement.
- Author, Chapter on “The Deed of Trust” in California Real Estate Finance Practice (2000) published by the California Continuing Education Bar.
- Presentations, California Continuing Education of the Bar on Escrows and Escrow Litigation Secured Real Property Transactions, and Recent Developments in Real Property Practice.
Attorneys’ Committee of the California League of Savings Institutions
Attorneys’ Committee of the United States League of Savings Institutions
Better Health East Bay
YMCA of the East Bay
Northern California Super Lawyers, 2013-2015
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1969
B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1966
37 Weintraub Tobin Attorneys Named Among 2015 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Super Lawyers has released its Northern California, Southern California, and San Diego lists of outstanding attorneys for 2015, on which 37 Weintraub Tobin attorneys have been included. Eight Weintraub Tobin attorneys received special honors in their respective regions.
Weintraub Tobin Raises Money for American Heart Association
Heart Walk Logo For a third year in a row, Weintraub Tobin is working to raise funds for cardiovascular diseases and stroke by partaking in the American Heart Association Heart Walk on Saturday,
Seven Weintraub Tobin Attorneys Included in the Top 25 List by Super Lawyers
Download: Super Lawyers 2013.pdf SACRAMENTO, Calif., July 8, 2013 – Weintraub Tobin Chediak Coleman Grodin, a business law and business litigation law firm congratulates seven attorneys on being named as one of the Top 25 Sacramento Super Lawyers of 2013.
Weintraub’s San Francisco Office Joins Food From the Bar
The San Francisco office of Weintraub Tobin has joined forces with other Bay Area law firms to raise money and collect food donations during the month of May to benefit the San Francisco and Marin Food Banks.