Keith A. Kandarian
Keith started his practice as a trial lawyer. He represented financial institutions for most of his career but enjoys representing individuals and small business owners, medical groups, artists, architects, museums, wineries, CPAs, investors, and trust administrators on a wide range of topics.
He now concentrates on corporate work and believes his litigation experience provides insight into how transactions can go bad and the potential minefields to avoid when structuring many business deals.
His career goal has been and continues to be to build long-term client relationships founded on confidence, trust, and sensible legal advice.
A few representative samples are:
- He has helped organize and capitalize privately-owned specialty finance companies that operate as mortgage Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs);
- He was counsel to a Special Litigation Committee investigating allegations of excess executive compensation in a shareholder derivative action;
- He was counsel to a Receiver appointed by the San Francisco Superior Court to oversee a lengthy partnership dissolution; and,
- He represented the manager responsible for distributing the remaining intellectual property rights of music legend Jerry Garcia.
In the now distant past, he was lead counsel in the following reported cases:
- The Society of California Pioneers v. Roger Baker (1996) 43 Cal. App. 4th 774 (Jury trial resulting in recovery of a stolen museum artifact); and
- Nevada National Bank v. Snyder (1992) 108 Nev. 151 (Nevada Supreme case confirming a lender’s lien priority relating to a planned township in Northern Nevada).
He also enjoyed representing the organizers of the Mid-Summer Mozart Festival in San Francisco and performing some corporate work for members of the Grateful Dead and other Bay Area musicians. Nevertheless, he considers all of his clients to be Rock Stars in their own right.
Keith is rated AV® PreeminentTM by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest peer-reviewed rating for ethical standards and legal ability.
J.D., Southwestern School of Law, 1977
B.A., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1974
21 Weintraub Tobin Attorneys Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
SACRAMENTO, CA (August 7, 2017) – Weintraub Tobin, a leading California full-service law firm, is pleased to announce that 21 Weintraub Tobin attorneys are Martindale-Hubbell rated. Out of the 21 attorneys,
Weintraub Tobin Helps Grant Wishes
On June 13, Weintraub Tobin sponsored an event for Make-A-Wish Northeastern California and Northern Nevada. With over a hundred people in attendance, the event helped to raise funds to grant wishes for kids with life-threatening medical conditions.
Weintraub Tobin Raises Money for American Heart Association
Heart Walk Logo For a third year in a row, Weintraub Tobin is working to raise funds for cardiovascular diseases and stroke by partaking in the American Heart Association Heart Walk on Saturday,
Weintraub’s San Francisco Office Joins Food From the Bar
The San Francisco office of Weintraub Tobin has joined forces with other Bay Area law firms to raise money and collect food donations during the month of May to benefit the San Francisco and Marin Food Banks.