To Be or Not to Be [a New Law]? Countdown on Governor Brown’s Review of California Employment-Related Bills
September 19 2018
The September 30th deadline for Governor Brown to act on numerous employment-related bills passed by the California Legislature during the 2017-2018 Legislative Term is fast approaching. This Blog summarizes only 21 of the more than 40 employment-related bills currently on the Governor’s desk. Employers are encouraged to stay tuned to see which bills become law and which ones don’t make the cut. NOTE: employment laws are constantly changing and employers must ensure that they make the necessary changes to policies and practices so that they are in compliance with current legal requirements.
- SB820. [Prohibition on Non-Disclosure Provisions re: Sexual Misconduct & Harassment].
- AB3080. [Prohibition on Non-Disclosures re: Sexual Harassment & Prohibition on Mandatory Arbitration Agreements re: FEHA claims].
- AB3109. [Right to Testify re: Sexual Misconduct].
- AB1867. [Records of Sexual Harassment Complaints].
- AB1870. [Extension of FEHA Statute of Limitations].
- SB1300. [Prohibition re: Release of Claims & Non-Disparagements re: Sexual Harassment].
- SB1343. [Expansion of Training Requirements re: Sexual Harassment].
- AB3081. [Rebuttable Presumption of Retaliation against Sexual Harassment Complainant].
- AB2079. [Sexual Harassment Trainer Qualifications for Janitorial Workers].
- AB2338. [Sexual Harassment Training Requirements for Talent Agencies].
- AB1976. [Acceptable Lactation Locations for Employees].
- SB937. [Acceptable Lactation Locations for Employees].
- SB970. [Required Training of Hotel and Motel Employees re: Human Trafficking].
- AB2034. [Required Training of Mass Transit Employees re: Human Trafficking].
- SB224. [Sexual Harassment in the Professional Relationship].
- SB1223. [Harassment & Discrimination Prevention Policy & Training in Construction Industry].
- AB2496. [Rebuttable Presumption of Employment Status for Janitorial Workers].
- AB2732. [Immigration Documents & “Workers Bill of Rights”].
- SB1123. [Expansion of PFL Wage Replacement Benefits].
- SB1412. [Clarifications on “Ban the Box” Law re: Criminal History Inquiries of Particular Convictions].
- SB826. [Females on Board of Directors of Publicly Held Corporations].
To read the full article and summaries of each bill, please click here.