Intellectual Property (IP) Coordinator
Weintraub Tobin is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week), experienced, and client-focused Intellectual Property (IP) Docket Coordinator and Paralegal to join our IP team. The Firm’s IP team represents clients in both transactional and litigation matters and provides strategic advice and counseling to companies at all stages of growth to help them develop or acquire all forms of IP, and to protect, manage, license, enforce and defend that IP.
This position can be based in any of our five locations and will work closely with the Lead IP Paralegal to support the Firm’s IP attorneys and their clients. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, organized, detail-oriented, communicative, responsive, and a team player.
- Reviewing documents received from the USPTO on pending patent and trademark applications and on issued patents and registered trademarks, and reviewing emails and letters from foreign agents, the Firm’s IP attorneys, and others, to obtain due dates in patent and trademark prosecution matters, docketing deadlines and reminders.
- Maintaining the docket portfolio.
- Monitoring actions in the docket database.
- Sending reminders to the attorneys and paralegals for deadlines.
- Generating docket reports.
- Providing back-up support to the Firm’s IP Paralegal on substantive patent and trademark prosecution matters, including filing of patent and trademark applications and related documents in the USPTO.
- Assisting the Firm’s IP attorneys in their work, which may include patent and trademark litigation as well as patent and trademark prosecution (does not include docketing IP litigation matters, as that is handled by a separate docketing department at the Firm).
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and familiarity with Alt Legal, CPI, or other comparable IP management software and docketing system.
- Must have working knowledge and familiarity with USPTO systems including: MyUSPTO, TESS, TEAS, Private & Public PAIR and EFS and electronic filing.
- Must have working knowledge of various aspects of patent prosecution for U.S. patents.
- Must have working knowledge of various aspects of U.S. trademarks, including assisting with the preparation and filing of domestic trademarks.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and quickly adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Assist with other special projects and administrative tasks as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Paralegal certificate and/or specialized IP Paralegal certificate required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an IP Paralegal.
- Experience with processing and filing PCT patent applications and foreign patents.
- Experience with processing and filing MADRID trademark applications and foreign trademarks.
- Experience with filing documents in both TTAB and PTAB.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter by filling out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields