Office Assistant – Sacramento
We are seeking a full-time Office Assistant for our Sacramento office. This position will report directly to the Firm’s Operations Supervisor. The hours for this position are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Handles copying and scanning of documents, case files, and other materials as requested by attorney(s), secretaries and paralegals.
- Maintains in good working condition all Firm photocopiers, facsimile, postage, and scanning machines. Performs and schedules routine maintenance.
- Orders supplies and maintains the orderliness of supply and copy areas daily.
- Assists with posting and distributing daily mail.
- Prepares binders for depositions, mediations, and other projects as requested by attorneys, paralegals, or other legal staff.
- Responsible for dropping mail to designated carrier(s) in a timely fashion. Schedules pickups for overnight and ground delivery services. Answers questions regarding mail regulation, procedures and postage rates.
- Pick up and destruction of shred documents on a bi-weekly basis.
- Handles set-up of offices/workstations for new hires.
- Interfaces with building management and Human Resources for all WT offices regarding safety and security measures including HVAC, after-hours needs, building assessments, building access cards, parking and housekeeping services.
- Provide other general clerical duties as requested.
- Responsible for maintain and cleaning kitchens including stocking of supplies (e.g. coffee, creamer, sugar, etc.) and loading/unloading dishwasher.
- Remains flexible to occasionally adjust schedule to accommodate for special projects and office events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Stress and time management skills.
- Flexibility in dealing with multiple projects and assignments.
- Friendly and approachable disposition.
- Willingness to help without being asked.
- Familiar with basic office equipment and use of Microsoft office (e.g. Outlook and Word).
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Walk frequently, reach and lift overhead, bend and/or stoop.
- Ability to operate, maintain and stock supplies.
- Ability to retrieve and distribute files weighing up to 50 pounds.
(Some or all of these functions may cause, mental, muscle, or eye strain)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by filling out the form below.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000
"*" indicates required fields