Payroll & Accounting Specialist – Sacramento
Weintraub Tobin is an innovative provider of sophisticated legal services to dynamic businesses and business owners, individuals, emerging companies, and nonprofits. From locations in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego, more than 80 attorneys assist clients throughout California with business and litigation needs, including corporate law, finance and tax law, labor and employment, real estate, intellectual property, entertainment, and digital media. We maintain our leadership position by creating a value-added, trust-based relationship with our clients, supporting our local communities, and developing deep subject-matter expertise. We offer a supportive and collegial environment where individual contributions are recognized and celebrated, and hard work is balanced with personal fulfillment and responsibilities.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours per week), Sacramento based Payroll and Accounting Specialist to join our team. This position will provide support to the Accounting and Finance team in the areas of payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting functions. This is an on-site position that will report directly to the Firm’s Controller. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Regular processing of bi-monthly Payroll. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Support accounting department with involvement in all processes including:
- Billing- Generating prebills and posting invoices. Working closely with attorneys and legal assistants in ensuring accurate and timely invoicing to our clients. Experience with EDI platforms a plus.
- Accounts Receivable – deposits, cash postings and collections calls.
- Provide backup to other accounting personnel.
- Provides other duties as needed and assigned by Firm management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3-5 years of payroll and accounting experience within a law Firm or other professional services industry.
- Experience with Orion accounting software program a plus.
- Experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Experience with computer software programs including Excel and Word.
- HR experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to financial matters and client information.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the Firm (i.e. shareholders, other attorneys, Firm management, and other staff).
Weintraub Tobin is honored to have been recognized as a Best Place To Work by the Sacramento Business Journal.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter by completing the form below.
Salary Range – $50,000-$65,000
"*" indicates required fields