Records Lead – Sacramento
Weintraub Tobin is seeking a full-time Record Lead for our Sacramento office. This position will report directly to the Firm’s Operations Supervisor. The hours for this position are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. The Records Lead is expected to maintain records management system across the Firm. They act as archivists for sensitive and confidential client data. This position must follow consistent document management methods and organization of for paper and electronic records. They ensure accuracy, track the current location of on and off-site files, and document the destruction of files. This position will also be tasked with improving current recordkeeping processes and filing systems and is expected to work collaboratively with all levels of the Firm.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Create, approve, and enforce policies and practices regarding digital and paper records, including organization and disposal.
- Run conflict checks as needed and communicate finding with ethics counsel.
- Develop a records storage plan, including short and long-term housing of physical records and digital information.
- Execute a retention policy on the disposal of digital and paper records no longer required for operational reasons; according to organizational policies, statutory requirements, and other regulations.
- Work closely with IT to create and maintain metadata and folder structure incorporated in digital document management systems and create automated records filing process in various systems.
- Perform annual reviews/updates on the Records Retention Schedules by interviewing employees and conducting records inventories.
- Coordinate access to records internally and outside the organization, and balance the requirements of business confidentiality, data privacy, and public access.
- Vendor relationship management for the digital document imaging platform and off-site paper storage facilities.
- Provide records management training to all relevant employees, including on-boarding and orientation processes.
- Provide record management awareness and guidance to employees as needed.
- Other duties or projects may be assigned.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Alt Legal, CPI, or other comparable IP management software and docketing system.
- Must have working knowledge and familiarity with USPTO systems including: MyUSPTO, TESS, TEAS, Private & Public PAIR and EFS and electronic filing.
- Must have working knowledge of various aspects of patent prosecution for U.S. patents.
- Must have working knowledge of various aspects of U.S. trademarks, including assisting with the preparation and filing of domestic trademarks.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and quickly adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Assist with other special projects and administrative tasks as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- 2+ years in a Supervisory role is preferred
- 3+ years Records experience
- Reliability: Consistent and proven track record of reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Communication: Listen well and ask for clarification when appropriate; Respond well to questions; Write clearly and informatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar. Strong oral and written communication skills, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Professionalism: Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments; Team Player.
- Judgment: Display willingness to make independent decisions when needed; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for creative ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor own work to ensure quality; Take pride in own work; Prioritize and plan work activities. Strong sense of quality assurance principles, understanding of potential process failure points and the ability to mitigate quality risks. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Ability to prioritize duties.
- While performing the duties of Records Lead, the employee is regularly required to use office equipment and computers, sit or stand for long periods of time, walk frequently, often lift up to 50 pounds, reach and lift overhead, bend and/or stoop. Some or all of these functions may cause muscle or eye strain.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter by filling out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields