Most employers know that employees may need to be accommodated from time to time for various reasons. Often this is because of an employee’s disability or medical condition. It is important for employers to understand and comply with how the courts and various federal and state regulatory agencies define accommodations, as well as learn what their rights and obligations are regarding: (1) engaging in the interactive process; and (2) providing reasonable accommodations.
This interactive seminar will provide an overview of the many accommodations employers and HR professionals may be forced to consider, who should be accommodated, and how to engage in an interactive process to determine an appropriate accommodation. We will follow the life of an accommodation request, using a case study built from the various cases we have seen over the years. Topics will include:
• How to Determine Who is Entitled to an Accommodation
• How to Engage in the Interactive Process and How to Know When to Initiate the Initial discussion
• The Various Protected Classes and/or Activities Entitling an Employee to Accommodations (including things like disability, religion, and illiteracy, to name a few)
• Service Animals in the Workplace
• How to Effectively Document the Accommodation
• Recent Developments in Accommodation Law
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Approved for three (3) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Insitute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
Thursday, July 18, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Registration & Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you to the 11th floor for validation.
There is no charge for this seminar.
Ramona Carrillo | [email protected] or 916-558-6046
Please RSVP by Monday, July 15, 2019
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below