Are You Allowed to Ask That? Effective Employment Policies from Hiring to Firing
Summary of Program
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin is pleased to offer this informative seminar that will discuss applicable laws and best practices to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers reduce the risk of liability when they interview, hire, discipline, and terminate employees. Join us for an overview of relevant topics covering the life-span of the employment relationship.
• Lawful and effective job postings, employment applications, and interview questions.
• Effective policies and documentation to help reduce liability.
• Tips for effective communication and conflict resolution.
• Best practices for a fair and meaningful disciplinary process.
• The benefits of training supervisors and the risks if you don’t.
• The very real risk of employer liability for retaliation.
• Wrongful termination claims in at-will employment –
o Is there a legitimate non-discriminatory/retaliatory reason for termination?
o Was it really a voluntary quit or a “constructive discharge?”
Date & Time:
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
9:00 am – 9:30 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 am – 12:00 pm – Seminar
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you to the 11th floor for validation.
There is no cost for this seminar
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Approved for 2.5 hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
*This seminar will be limited to 75 in-person attendees
Please RSVP by Monday, June 11, 2018
Ramona Carrillo | email@example.com | 916.558.6046
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below