From A to Z, Alphabet Soup of Leave Laws (Newport Beach)
March 20 2015
Summary of Program
Administering leaves of absence and disability accommodations in California can be very challenging. California has a new paid sick leave law and numerous other leave laws and wage replacement benefits that interact with one another. To properly administer leaves and accommodate employees, employers need to understand the various types of leave/accommodations available, who is eligible under what circumstances, how to interact with an employee on a leave, and what obligations an employer has when leave is exhausted. This seminar will discuss important topics to help employers manage these laws, including:
- California’s new paid sick leave law;
- A summary of employee rights and employer obligations under the various laws;
- The difference between “statutory leaves,” like FMLA/CFRA, and “wage replacement benefits,” like Paid Family Leave and State Disability Insurance;
- When and how the laws overlap;
- The importance of engaging in the interactive process;
- Recent case law; and
- How to prepare effective documentation.
8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Seminar
Approved for 3 hours MCLE credit. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
There is no charge for this seminar.
Irvine Company Office Properties
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Fl.
Sacramento, CA 95814
916.558.6046 | [email protected]
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below