The Leave Law Matrix: It’s Complicated
June 13 2019
Summary of Program
Administering leaves of absence and disability accommodations in California can be very challenging. California has a paid sick leave law and numerous other leave laws and wage replacement benefits that interact with one another. To properly administer leaves and accommodate employees, employers need to understand the various types of leave/accommodations available, who is eligible under what circumstances, how to interact with an employee on a leave, and what obligations an employer has when leave is exhausted. This seminar will discuss important topics to help employers manage these laws, including:
• A summary of employee rights and employer obligations under the various laws;
• The difference between “statutory leaves,” like FMLA/CFRA, and “wage replacement benefits,” like Paid Family Leave and State Disability Insurance;
• When and how the laws overlap;
• The importance of engaging in the interactive process;
• New DFEH Notice and Certifications
• Recent case law; and
• How to prepare effective documentation.
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Approved for three (3) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Insitute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
Thursday, June 13, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Registration & Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you to the 11th floor for validation.
There is no charge for this seminar.
Ramona Carrillo | [email protected] or 916-558-6046
Please RSVP by Monday, June 10, 2019
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below