Upcoming Seminar – SF Edition: Developments in Wage and Hour Laws – the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
April 24 2012
Join the Employment Law Group of Weintraub Genshlea Chediak Tobin & Tobin for an informative training session that will help employers and HR professionals gain a more thorough understanding of various wage and hour laws that often create liability when an employer gets them wrong.
- Brinker Restaurant Corporation v. Superior Court
- Yes it’s true — we really are going to have a decision from the California Supreme Court this April.
- The meal and rest period nightmare may be over.
- Are you classifying workers as independent contractors? If so, make sure you are right because the feds and California are hammering those who get it wrong.
- New developments affecting compensation plans: Commissions, bonuses and mutual wage agreements.
- What constitutes “hours worked”: It’s not always as simple as 9-5.
- Calculating an employee’s “regular rate of pay” and “overtime premiums”: It’s not always as simple as the hourly rate x 1-1/2.
- The technical “nitty gritty” of wage and hour record keeping requirements: timecards, paystubs, payroll records and more.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Le Meridien Hotel
333 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
*This program is also available via Webinar. Please indicate when you RSVP.
There is no charge for this seminar.
Approved for 3 hours MCLE Credit;
HRCI credits available upon request
Weintraub Genshlea Chediak Tobin & Tobin
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below