Upcoming Speaking Engagement: Human Resource Law: What You Need To Know Now
August 28 2013
Weintraub attorney Charles L. Post will speak on the following topics:
- "Is Your Employee Handbook Up to Date? Essential Components and Sample Policies for Today’s Workplace"
- Wage and Benefit Issues
Stay up to date on the latest legislative changes and court decisions impacting your human resource practices! This essential course focuses on day-to-day issue spotting – covering current hot button issues and highlighting practical pointers to avoid and handle common problem areas. Experienced faculty will take you through the critical legal issues you need to know from hiring to firing – including wages and benefits, workplace privacy and safety, discrimination, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn techniques from those with years in the field. Register today!
- Stay up to date on the latest changes and cases in human resource law.
- Understand the legal do’s and don’ts during the interview process, including background checks and drug testing, drafting employment contracts, and hiring independent contractors and immigrants.
- Ensure overtime and employee leave policies are compliant with the law.
- Learn appropriate methods for calculating and tracking FMLA time.
- Make sure employee handbooks contain the critical provisions necessary to keep them up to date with current issues.
- Discuss the latest interpretations of “disability” under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Prevent workplace safety violations by knowing safety regulations and record keeping requirements.
- Know how to appropriately handle thorny employee behavior issues while ensuring privacy rights are upheld.
- Set up proper discipline and firing procedures to avoid wrongful termination and retaliatory claims.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar examines the current issues in human resource law for:
- HR Directors
- Risk Management Directors
Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Time: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95815
For registration information, visit www.nbi-sems.com
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below