Webinar – Guardians at the Gate: Properly Trained Managers are Your First Line of Defense
October 15 2020
Summary of Program:
Well-trained supervisors are valuable to companies for their ability to help ensure operations run smoothly. Often, employers focus on productivity and efficiency. But companies may not be aware that even mid-level supervisors may be deemed agents of the company, when it comes to employment laws that govern the workplace. Untrained supervisors’ actions (or inactions) can result in significant legal consequences for an employer, including in regards to harassment, disability accommodations, leave requests, and wage and hour law enforcement.
- An overview of employment laws that impact the workplace and common mistakes supervisors make when they don’t understand those laws.
- Tips for effective communication between supervisors and employees, including how to give constructive performance feedback.
- Common supervisor mistakes
- The importance of consistent, objective, and timely discipline.
- Preventing and responding to harassment and other Equal Employment Opportunity complaints.
- Documentation: The good, the bad and the ugly.
Date & Time:
Thursday, October 15
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM PST
Approved for 1.5 hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webinar.
There is no cost to register and attend this webinar. Your email confirmation will provide information on joining the webinar. To register please click here.