WEBINAR: Tips When Hiring and Firing – Get It right Before The Fight
December 12 2012
Download: Tips when Hiring and Firing.pdf
Summary of Program
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin Chediak Coleman Grodin is pleased to offer this very informative training session that will discuss recent cases to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers avoid liability and effectively hire employees as well as carry out disciplines and terminations.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- Effective hiring practices.
- What can you ask during an interview?
- An employer’s right to discipline employees; is it limited?
- Effective policies, training and documentation to reduce liability.
- Beware of "Progressive Discipline" policies.
- Did the employee quit or was [s]he "constructively terminated?" (What does that mean?)
- What type of conduct can constitute "retaliation" and under what law?
- Who is a "whistleblower" and under what law?
- Can an "at-will" employee be wrongfully terminated?
- What constitutes "wrongful termination?"
This program is available only via webinar.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
HRCI credits available upon successful completion and verification of attendance for duration of webinar.
There is no charge for this webinar.
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Fl.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Information on registering and logging in to this webinar will be provided after you have RSVP’ed and approximately one week prior to the session.
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below