WEBINAR: Tips When Hiring and Firing Employees
Published: May 17, 2013
Download: Flyer – WEBINAR. Tips When Hiring and Firing Employees.PDF
Summary of Program
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin Chediak Coleman Grodin is pleased to offer this informative webinar that will discuss recent cases to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers avoid liability and effectively hire employees as well as carry out disciplines and terminations.
- Effective hiring practices.
- What can you ask during an interview?
- An employer’s right to discipline employees; is it limited?
- Effective policies, training and documentation to reduce liability.
- Beware of “Progressive Discipline”
- Did the employee quit or was [s]he “constructively terminated?” (What does that mean?)
- What type of conduct can constitute “retaliation” and under what law?
- Who is a “whistleblower” and under what law?
- Can an “at-will” employee be wrongfully terminated?
- What constitutes “wrongful termination?”
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
HRCI credits available upons successful completion and verification of attendance for duration of webinar.
There is no charge for this webinar
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Fl.
Sacramento, CA 95814