Upcoming Seminar: The Ins and Outs of Preparing the Right Employee Handbook for Your Business
Published: February 13, 2014
Summary of Program
Employee policy handbooks are essential for employers in today’s litigious environment. While preparing the handbook and consistently enforcing the policies contained therein may take time and money, it is time and money well spent. Why? Because the enforcement of effective policies and procedures contained in a carefully prepared and customized handbook can be one of the best defenses an employer has when it is sued by an employee. This hands-on, in-depth, and informative seminar and training session will outline the ins and outs of drafting an effective employee handbook. You will receive recommended language regarding certain policies and best practices to meet your business needs and will leave with the information and knowledge necessary to complete your handbook.
- Why is an employee handbook necessary for your business?
- What are they key disclaimers and qualifiers every employee handbook should contain?
- A discussion of phrases and terms that you should never use in an employee handbook.
- A discussion of mandatory policies based on the size and location of a business including certain leave policies EEO policies.
- A discussion of discretionary policies, such as vacation, sick leave, holidays, and more.
- A written sample template to utilize in drafting your handbook.
Post Seminar Consultation
- One hour of free one-on-one consultation regarding your handbook can be scheduled upon request and will be subject to a standard conflict check and execution of an engagement letter for representation.
9:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Seminar (lunch provided)
Approved for 3 hours MCLE credit; HRCI credits available upon request.
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Fl.
Sacramento, CA 95814
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street.