Your Greatest Asset or Worst Liability: Your Employee Handbook (San Francisco Seminar)
- When: Aug 19, 2015
- Where: Weintraub Tobin
Summary of Program
Employee handbooks are essential for employers in today’s litigious environment. A carefully prepared, up-to-date, and customized handbook can be an employer’s biggest weapon against labor and employment litigation if properly used. This informative seminar will outline the dos and don’ts in drafting an effective and well written employee handbook. You will receive specialized advice on the employee handbook that is right for your business needs.
- Why is an employee handbook necessary for your business?
- What are the key disclaimers and qualifiers every employee handbook should contain?
- Phrases and terms that you should never use in an employee handbook.
- A discussion of important policies to include in any employee handbook, such as wage and hour policies, anti-discrimination, harassment, and retaliation policies, employee privacy and workplace technology policies, employee expectations of conduct policies, and more.
- A discussion of mandatory policies based on the size of a business, such as FMLA/CFRA and other leave policies.
- A discussion of discretionary policies, such as vacation, sick leave, holidays, and more.
9:00 am – Registration and Breakfast
9:30 am – 11:30 am – Seminar
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance.
There is no charge for this seminar.
475 Sansome Street, Suite 1800
San Francisco, CA 94111
Parking Validation provided.
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Fl.
Sacramento, CA 95814
916.558.6046 | [email protected]
*This is an in-person session only. Not available via webinar.