“From Hiring to Firing” – The Life Span of the Employment Relationship
- When: Feb 23, 2017
- Where: Weintraub Tobin Office
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Summary of Program
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin is pleased to offer this informative seminar that will discuss applicable laws and best practices to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers avoid liability when they hire, discipline, and terminate employees.
- Lawful and effective job postings and interview questions
- Effective policies, training, and documentation to reduce liability
- Best practices for an effective and meaningful discipline process
- The pros-and-cons/ins-and-outs of “Progressive Discipline”
- The very real risk of retaliation liability
- Voluntary quits versus “constructive” terminations
- Wrongful termination claims in at-will employment
9:00 am – 9:30 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 am – 11:30am – Seminar
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your parking ticket with you to the 11th floor.
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
There is no cost for this seminar.
*This seminar will be limited to 75 in-person attendees.