“Slaying the PAGA Dragon” – Wage and Hour Compliance for Non-Exempt Employees
- When: Mar 16, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Summary of Program
Unfortunately, both single-plaintiff and class-action wage and hour lawsuits continue to plague California employers. Often employers are sued because of technical violations that occur simply because the employer is unaware of its legal obligations. The various federal and state wage and hour laws that govern the workplace can be difficult to understand. This seminar will discuss the nuts and bolts of wage and hour compliance for non-exempt employees in California.
- “Actual hours worked” and problems with “off the clock” work.
- What is and is not included in the “regular rate” of pay?
- Are you “providing” a meal period to your employees?
- If your answer is “No” because you have an “on duty” meal period agreement with your employees – Is it valid?
- If your answer is “No” because the Brinker case says you don’t have to – You’re in for some surprises.
- “Flex-time,” “make-up time,” and “alternative work” schedules.
- PAGA Claims
- What are the courts saying – highlights of recent decisions regarding non-exempt wage and hour issues in California.
8:30 am – 9:00 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Seminar
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your parking ticket with you to the 11th floor.
Approved for three (3) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
There is no cost for this seminar.
*This seminar will be limited to 75 in-person attendees.