The ABC’s of Federal, State, and Local Leave laws (RSVP now closed for in-persons, webinar available)
Published: July 18, 2017
Summary of Program
The complex web of federal, state, and local leave of absence and accommodation laws continues to expand and California employers must stay abreast of developments in order to comply. In order to properly administer leaves of absence and disability accommodations in California, employers must have knowledge of the various laws and how they may overlap with one another in a given situation. This seminar will discuss important topics to help employers understand and administer these laws, including:
- A summary of various federal, state, and local laws;
- A discussion of employee and employer rights and obligations under various laws;
- An overview of how some statutory leave and accommodation entitlements may overlap;
- The difference between “statutory leaves,” like FMLA/CFRA, and “wage replacement benefits,” like Paid Family Leave and State Disability Insurance;
- The importance of engaging in the interactive process;
- Recent case law; and
- The importance of training supervisors and preparing effective documentation.
Date & Time:
Thursday, August 17, 2017
8:30 am – 9:00 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Seminar
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you to the 11th floor for validation.
This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
There is no cost for this seminar
Approved for three (3) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.