Exempt Status: More Than Just a Salary
- When: Feb 28, 2019
- Where: Weintraub Tobin Office
Summary of Program
With the ever-increasing number of claims filed with the Department of Labor and California Labor Commissioner for unpaid overtime, and the increasing number of wage and hour class action lawsuits, the importance of correctly classifying employees as exempt or non-exempt is clear. This seminar is designed to help employers and HR professionals gain a more thorough understanding of the various exemptions available under California law and learn how to conduct an exemption analysis in order to reduce potential liability.
- A discussion of the exemptions available.
- Checklists for determining if your employees are exempt.
- How to conduct a self-audit to ensure that employees are properly classified.
- What to do if your employees have been misclassified.
- What are the courts saying – highlights of decisions regarding exemption issues in California.
Date & Time:
Thursday, February 28, 2019 – Sacramento
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Seminar
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
There is no charge for this seminar.
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
RSVP by Friday, February 22, 2019:
Ramona Carrillo | [email protected] or 916-558-6046