Mandatory AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training and Supervisor Best Practices and Legal Compliance Training
- When: May 9, 2019
Mandatory AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
The regulations regarding California’s Mandatory Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for supervisors require that certain employers provide training to their supervisors every two years.
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin is offering a two hour in-person training session that will comply with all the requirements outlined in the regulations including things like:
- An overview of sexual harassment laws
- Examples of conduct that constitute sexual harassment
- Strategies to prevent harassment in the workplace
- Lawful supervisory responses to complaints of harassment in the workplace
- Training on prevention of “abusive conduct” in the workplace
- Training on policies that prohibit harassment based on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation (Senate Bill 396)
- Practical and interactive hypotheticals and examples to help illustrate what bullying, sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation can look like.
If you are an employer with 5 or more employees and have supervisors who have not yet been trained, this training is a must. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you comply with your continuing sexual harassment training obligations.
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE (Elimination of Bias).
Supervisor Best Practices and Legal Compliance Training
Most employers know that it is crucial to have well-trained supervisors for a number of reasons, including: 1) to effectively lead rank-and-file employees; and 2) to help ensure that the company complies with applicable employment law. Absent such training, supervisors may take actions (or fail to take actions) that result in significant legal consequences for the employer.
This one-hour training will cover topics like:
- Legal do’s and don’ts when hiring and firing
- Tips for effective communication between supervisors and employees, including how to give constructive performance feedback
- The importance of consistent, objective, and timely discipline
- Important wage and hour laws
- Workplace safety rules
- Accommodating disabilities and understanding the many leaves of absence laws
- The in’s and out’s of employee privacy rights
Date & Time
Thursday, May 9, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you to the 11th floor for validation.
$250 per person
Ramona Carrillo | [email protected] or 916-558-6046
Please RSVP by Monday, May 6, 2019