Human Resource Law from A to Z
- When: Oct 2-3, 2019
On Wednesday, October 2 and Thursday, October 3, Weintraub attorney Shauna N. Correia will speak at a National Business Institute (NBI) seminar titled Human Resource Law from A to Z.
A Comprehensive Overview of the Issues Affecting HR Departments
Get a handle on the complicated issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of any human resources department! This extensive two-day course covers all of the hot-button issues that every HR professional should know, not only to avoid lawsuits but to ensure that all employees are happy and productive. Experienced faculty will show you how to handle such issues as employee leaves, problem behaviors in the workplace, and what essential information should be included in employee handbooks. Don’t miss out on this crucial human resource information – enroll today!
- Get up to speed on new harassment requirements – and what you can do to prepare.
- Learn the necessary disclaimers that every employee handbook must contain in order to avoid potential legal trouble.
- Recognize the many intricacies of the Fair Labor Standards Act, so that employers can stop problems before they happen.
- Understand how the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act intertwine in issues with employee leave.
- Know what accommodations are considered reasonable when an injured worker returns to the workplace.
- Properly document and manage discrimination complaints to ensure that both employers and employees are properly protected in case of lawsuits.
- Effectively monitor employee communications and internet use in an ethical and legally compliant manner.
Wednesday, October 2, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday, October 3, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
8400 Edes Ave
Oakland, CA 94621
12.00 – CA CLE
Visit the NBI Registration.
To learn more, please visit NBI Seminar: Human Resources Law from A to Z