Salary Equals Exempt Right? Wrong! Determining Exempt Status
- When: Feb 20, 2020
- Where: Weintraub Tobin, 400 Capitol mall, 11th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814
Summary of Program
With the ever increasing number of claims filed with the Department of Labor and California Labor Commissioner for unpaid overtime, and the increasing number of wage and hour class action lawsuits, the importance of correctly classifying employees as exempt or non-exempt is clear. This seminar is designed to help employers and HR professionals gain a more thorough understanding of the various exemptions available under California law and learn how to conduct an exemption analysis in order to reduce potential liability.
- A discussion of the exemptions available.
- Checklists for determining if your employees are exempt.
- How to conduct a self-audit to ensure that employees are properly classified.
- What to do if your employees have been misclassified.
- What are the courts saying – highlights of decisions regarding exemption issues in California.
Date & Time
Thursday, February 20, 2020, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Seminar
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your ticket with you to the 11th floor for validation.
This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
There is no charge for this seminar.
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
Ramona Carrillo | firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-558-6046
Please RSVP by February 14, 2020