Webinar: The Employment Life Cycle: EEO Compliance from Hiring to Firing
- When: Sep 1, 2021
On September 1, 2021, Meagan Bainbridge and Katie Collins hosted an informative webinar covering the lifespan of the employment relationship. They discussed applicable laws and best practices to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers reduce the risk of liability when they interview, hire, discipline, and terminate employees.
- Lawful and effective job postings, employment applications, and interview questions.
- Effective policies and documentation to help reduce liability.
- Tips for effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Best practices for a fair and meaningful disciplinary process.
- The benefits of training supervisors and the risks if you don’t.
- The risk of employer liability for retaliation.
- Wrongful termination claims stemming from at-will employment.
- Is there a legitimate non-discriminatory/retaliatory reason for the termination?
- Was it really a voluntary quit or would it more appropriately be termed a “constructive discharge?”
A recording of this webinar can be viewed on the Weintraub Tobin YouTube page. Please note that this webinar is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. We recommend that you speak to your professional advisors about the specifics of your business.