Webinar: 10 Pay Practices That Can Keep You Out of Hot Water
- When: May 18, 2022
- Where: Webinar
On Wednesday, May 18th, Lukas Clary of Weintraub Tobin’s Labor & Employment Practice Group hosted a webinar discussing ten pay practices that are key to ensuring you stay out of hot water and away from class action and PAGA lawsuits.
Unfortunately, wage and hour lawsuits continue to plague California employers. Employers are often sued because of technical violations that occur simply because the employer is unaware of its legal obligations. In this webinar, we seek to provide key insight to helping you avoid any such violations. The presentation covered:
- Properly classifying employees
- Paying the correct minimum wage
- Ensuring thorough and accurate time records are kept for all non-exempt employees
- Prohibiting off-the-clock work
- Never rounding employee time
- Providing wage statements that reflect all required information
- Properly calculating the regular rate of pay
- Reimbursing for business expenses
- Providing compliant meal and rest periods
- Providing employees with a way to easily report any non-compliant mean and/or rest periods
Watch this Webinar on the Weintraub YouTube channel, here.