Litigation Paralegal – Sacramento
Weintraub Tobin is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) experienced Litigation Paralegal in our Sacramento office. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, enjoy working as part of a team, and demonstrate a first-class commitment to client service. Under minimal supervision, the litigation paralegal will be expected to carry out the following job duties and responsibilities:
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Organize documents and coordinate document productions including bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents.
- Perform various document searches in an e-Discovery database and conduct factual research on LexisNexis and the Internet.
- Create and maintain internal case databases including Importing and exporting documents, searching for documents, running productions, running analytics and email threading, document review and coding documents.
- Prepare for depositions by gathering and preparing documents relevant to the deponent, organizing exhibits and summarizing deposition transcripts.
- Work with attorneys and legal secretaries in the preparation and filing of all court documents.
- Act as a liaison between various internal departments, as well as outside vendors.
- Oversee the progress of documents through litigation, order transcripts/medical records, etc. from third party entities and fulfill requests from outside counsel and others.
- Prepare for and attend trials/arbitrations: Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents, coordinate trial set-up and logistics, and assist attorneys in the courtroom.
- Handle electronic presentation of exhibits.
- Discovery: Organize documents, review, analyze and summarize discovery responses, and respond to discovery requests. Prepare document subpoenas to third parties.
- Possess strong analytical and technological skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4-6 years of litigation experience.
- Paralegal certificate from ABA approved school is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and litigation software applications including Casemap, Textmap, Relativity, Adobe Professional, and Sanction (or Trial Director).
- Superior attention to detail and organizational ability.
- Familiarity with Worldox or a similar document management system.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects and work effectively under pressure.
- Adept at working independently or on a team in providing timely service to attorneys.
- Communicates effectively with attorneys and legal personnel at all levels.
Annual Salary: $75,000-$95,000
The salary range for this position may vary as determined by location. A hybrid schedule (3 days in the office; 2 days remote) may be available after 90 days of employment.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume below.
"*" indicates required fields