Mini Law School for HR Professionals
November 20 2019
On Wednesday, November 20, Weintraub attorney Ryan Abernethy will speak at a National Business Institute (NBI) seminar titled Mini Law School for HR Professionals.
A Comprehensive Primer on Labor and Employment Law
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business; can you streamline the process and prevent any unnecessary risk? This program will get you up to speed so you can return to work confident in your abilities. Know the fundamentals of human resources: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. Register today!
- Get the latest employment law updates you can’t afford to miss.
- Understand the importance of thorough and accurate paperwork when hiring new employees.
- Know what a handbook should and should not contain by exploring the advantages and pitfalls of various policies.
- Appropriately apply wage and hour exemption requirements in gray areas such as outside salespeople and highly-paid computer professionals.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state WARN Act requirements when performing layoffs.
- Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding employee behavior and controversial social media policies.
- Learn the key steps in investigating employee misconduct thoroughly and legally.
- Identify techniques for controlling back pay during a National Labor Relations Board investigation.
Wednesday, November 20
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
4900 Duckhorn Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
6.00 – CA CLE
Visit the NBI Registration page.
To learn more, please visit NBI Seminar: Mini Law School for HR Professionals