Well Trained Supervisors: Your First Line of Defense (San Francisco)
February 18 2015
Summary of Program
Most employers know that it is crucial to have well trained supervisors to help ensure that rank and file employees perform their jobs effectively and efficiently. However, many employers don’t realize how important it is that supervisors be trained to understand the many employment laws that govern the workplace. Untrained supervisors can take actions (or fail to take actions) that result in significant legal consequences for an employer. Come join the employment lawyers at Weintraub Tobin for a discussion of best practices for training supervisors and reducing the potential for liability.
- An overview of employment laws that impact the workplace and common mistakes supervisors make when they don’t understand those laws.
- Tips for effective communication between supervisors and employees, including how to give constructive performance feedback.
- Common supervisor mistakes when hiring and firing.
- The importance of consistent, objective, and timely discipline.
- Preventing and responding to harassment and other Equal Employment Opportunity complaints.
- Documentation: The good, the bad and the ugly.
9:00 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Seminar
Approved for 3 hours MCLE credit. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
There is no charge for this seminar.
475 Sansome Street, Suite 1800
San Francisco, CA 94111
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Fl.
Sacramento, CA 95814
916.558.6046 | [email protected]
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below