Jeanne Vance Presents on The 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule for Medicare Mental Health Workforce Coalition
- When: Aug 17, 2023
- Where: Webinar
On August 17th, 2023, NBCC and the Medicare Mental Health Workforce Coalition will host an informative webinar titled Assessing the Essential Features of the 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Rule and Implications for Counselors and MFTs.
Weintraub shareholder Jeanne L. Vance will serve as presenter. Other panelists will include Doug Jacobs, Chief Transformation Officer at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; and Jolie Long, Legislative Research Manager for NBCC.
This event will cover the following topics:
- describe the annual Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, which is the main federal policy instrument that provides guidance to Medicare health care and mental health providers on payment and enrollment policies.
- analyze the key provisions contained in the proposed 2024 Physician Fee Schedule and implications for counselors and MFTs.
- identify when, how, where, and who can enroll in the Medicare program, and additional resources CMS has in place to accommodate providers who wish to enroll.
- interpret the proposed mental health codes that counselors and MFTs will use to bill Medicare starting in 2024, and payment rates for those services and related guidance.
- identify opportunities for counselors and MFTs to participate and receive reimbursement in various settings (e.g., community mental health centers, community health clinics, rural health clinics, skilled nursing facilities, hospices).
- outline next steps in the implementation of Medicare Part B coverage of counselors and MFTs and guidance on platforms to facilitate enrollment in the Medicare program.