Justin M. Borrowdale
Justin focuses his practice on counseling both public and private clients through finance transactions, merger and acquisition deals, and related commercial transactions. He has experience working with both selling and acquiring companies on M&A deals, as well as with both companies and investors on financing transactions. He assists companies in solving corporate governance and commercial agreement issues, including complying with SEC and NASDAQ reporting obligations for his public company clients.
Justin has experience representing both lenders and borrowers in various loan transactions, including syndicated debt financing, real estate secured loan transactions, construction loans for development, and follow-on loans to portfolio companies.
Additionally, he has assisted clients in entity formation, obtaining trademarks, entering into license agreements, as well as structuring many other miscellaneous agreements and transactions.
In his free time, Justin enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid runner, having completed 11 marathons (PR of 3:10).
- Advised client in sale of its information technology services business to private equity fund, including reorganization.
- Counseled public corporation in multiple CMPO financing transactions, including SEC and NASDAQ reporting obligations.
- Advised internet technology client in Series A equity financing transaction.
- Assisted public corporation in PIPE financing transaction, including SEC filing obligations.
- Guided clients in private securities offering compliance, including for entertainment venture and motion picture financing.
- Advocated and negotiated for public-company buyer in asset purchase of agricultural processing business, including associated real estate.
- Served video game production company in Series A equity financing with foreign investor.
- Assisted investment company in follow-on loan to portfolio company in coordination with follow-on bank financing.
- Represented corporation as outside general counsel, including drafting and negotiating of confidentiality agreements, license agreements, and other diverse commercial agreements.
- Represented national bank in real estate secured loan transactions to borrower in aerospace services industry, including drafting and negotiating loan documentation.
- Advised affiliated entities in syndicated debt financing for food processing operation.
- Counseled community bank in issuing construction loan for development of a boutique hotel.
Article Editor: Property Rights to the Periphery of the Universe or Only to the Rooftop?: The Effects of Drones on Airspace Rights in California and Where to Go From Here—California Real Property Journal, Vol. 34, No. 3 (2016).
Co-Author: Strategies for Reducing a Client’s Liability under a Lease after the Sale of the Client’s Business—CYLA eNews, Winter 2016.
Author: Breaking Down a Typical Commercial Real Estate Purchase and Sale Transaction—CYLA eNews, Summer 2016.
Sacramento County Bar Association’s Business Sections
2017 Folsom Leadership class
Association of Corporate Growth
Financial Executives International
Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List 2019- Business & Corporate
Best Lawyers in America®, “Ones to Watch” – Corporate, 2021
Northern California Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2019-2020
J.D. University of California, Davis, 2015
B.S. University of the Pacific, 2010
WEBINAR: Main Street Lending Program
What is the Main Street Lending program, and how is it different than the PPP and other business loans? On June 30, 2020, Justin Borrowdale and Dan Franklin of River City Bank discussed the Main Street program – what businesses are eligible,
Keeping it Clean: Legal Essentials for Startup Companies
Weintraub attorneys Andrew D. McCarthy, Jon E. Ancona, and Justin M. Borrowdale presented on Legal Essentials for Startup Companies for WeWork members at the Well’s Fargo building in Sacramento, CA. They discussed issues that newer and growing companies encounter;
Dissolving Business Entities Live Webinar
Weintraub attorneys Justin Borrowdale and Andrew McCarthy will be presenting Dissolving Business Entities provided by Lorman. Summary: Gain a better understanding of dissolving and winding up a business entity. Whether through the decision of the owners or outside forces,
Advanced Business Contracts: Secrets Only the Top Attorneys Know
On Friday, August 23, Weintraub attorneys Josh Escovedo and Justin Borrowdale will speak at a National Business Institute (NBI) seminar titled Identify Concealed Risk and Strategically Negotiate Liability. NBI Program Description Go beyond the “nuts and bolts”
18 Weintraub Tobin Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© and Ones to Watch 2021
Sacramento, CA (August 20, 2020) – Weintraub Tobin, a leading California full-service law firm, is pleased to announce that 18 attorneys were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021. This year Best Lawyers launched “Ones to Watch,” a recognition for attorneys earlier in their careers,
36 Weintraub Tobin Attorneys Named to 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists; Retain Highest Percentage of Sacramento Top 25 List
Weintraub Tobin is pleased to announce that 36 Weintraub Tobin attorneys have been included on the 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Star lists for outstanding attorneys in Northern California. In addition,
31 Weintraub Tobin Attorneys Named to 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Weintraub Tobin is pleased to announce that more than 30 Weintraub Tobin attorneys have been included on the 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Star lists for outstanding attorneys Northern California. In addition,
24 Weintraub Tobin Attorneys included in Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List 2019
Weintraub is pleased to announce that 24 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized as 2019 Top Lawyers by Sacramento Magazine. The full list of 2019 Top Lawyers will be featured in the August,