Justin focuses on counseling clients in solving formation, merger and acquisition, governance, and financing issues for both corporate and non-profit clients. Additionally, he has assisted clients in obtaining trademarks, entering into license agreements, and structuring many other miscellaneous agreements and documentation.
Justin also has experience in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, sale, and leasing. He is intimately familiar with the title review process, lease review and drafting, and has solved many diverse issues that occur over the course of a due diligence period.
In his free time, Justin is an avid runner, having completed 10 marathons (PR of 3:10).
• Advised a private corporation in its acquisition of financing for its international subsidiary with a Hong Kong lender.
• Represented employee-daughter in stock purchase of minority share of her employer-father’s company.
• Assisted client with formation of corporation for the operation of a restaurant franchise.
• Guided church school in obtaining new financing for improvements to its campus.
• Counseled multiple charitable organizations in the formation of their non-profit entities and obtaining tax-exempt status.
• Reviewed formation documents for dental group forming a professional corporation and service entity.
• Advocated for client during a Department of Business Oversight’s (DBO) investigation.
• Assisted multiple clients in registering trademarks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
•Counseled investor in the purchase and negotiation of multiple commercial properties nationwide.
•Represented landowner in negotiation with lessee mining company for lessee’s mining reclamation plan.
Article Editor: Property Rights to the Periphery of the Universe or Only to the Rooftop?: The Effects of Drones on Airspace Rights in California and Where to Go From Here—California Real Property Journal, Vol. 34, No. 3 (2016).
Co-Author: Strategies for Reducing a Client’s Liability under a Lease after the Sale of the Client’s Business—CYLA eNews, Winter 2016.
Author: Breaking Down a Typical Commercial Real Estate Purchase and Sale Transaction—CYLA eNews, Summer 2016.
J.D. University of California, Davis, 2015
B.S. University of the Pacific,
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE)
Sacramento County Bar Association’s Real Property and Business Sections
Fairytale Town’s “Tales and Ales” committee
2017 Folsom Leadership class