The Life Span of the Employment Relationship: Hiring, Disciplining and Firing
September 15 2016
Summary of Program
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin is pleased to offer this informative seminar that will discuss recent cases to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers avoid liability and effectively hire employees as well as carry out disciplines and terminations. This seminar will cover:
• Lawful and effective job postings and interview questions.
• Tips for an effective and meaningful discipline process.
• Effective policies, training and documentation to reduce liability.
• “Progressive Discipline” – Beware!
• Conduct that may constitute “retaliation” and the laws that apply.
• Properly responding to “whistleblowers”.
• Voluntary quits versus “constructive” termination.
• What constitutes “wrongful termination” and what that means for at-will employment.
Date: September 15, 2016
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
9:00 am – 9:30 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 am – 11:30am – Seminar
Webinar: This seminar is also available via webinar. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be attending via webinar.
Weintraub Tobin Office
400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor | Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking Validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street. Please bring your parking ticket with you to the 11th floor.
Approved for two (2) hours MCLE. This program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Certificates will be provided upon verification of attendance for the entirety of the webcast.
There is cost for this seminar.
*This seminar will be limited to 75 in-person attendees.
To RSVP, Complete The Form Below