Daniel has effectively handled all phases of litigation, including trial and appellate work, taking and defending lay and expert depositions, and arguing a wide range of motions. He has also handled mediations and settlement conferences resulting in resolutions of cases on favorable terms. In addition, Daniel has the experience to successfully take cases to trial if the matters cannot resolve through settlement.
Before joining the firm, Daniel was an attorney for the Solano County Public Defender’s Office where he handled all aspects of his cases from arraignment through appeal, and successfully first-chaired several jury trials to verdict.
- Ridgewater Associates v. Dublin San Ramon Services District (2010) 184 Cal.App.4th 829: affirmed summary judgment in favor of wastewater treatment facility accused of altering ground water migration and causing damage to adjoin commercial property.
- Member of a trial team that obtained a defense verdict for a religious client which was named one of the “Top Verdicts of 2011” in California by the legal publication, Daily Journal.
- Successfully defended employers in over a hundred cases of alleged employee misconduct.
- Won at trial and on appeal for client accused of breach of contract and wrongful foreclosure in a commercial loan transaction.
- Prevailed on summary judgment on behalf of a client in Smith v. United Commercial Bank, a breach of contract actio, claimedd that the client had misappropriated loan funds.
- Obtained dismissal in Frazer v. Diocese of San Jose, of all causes of action pled against employer for alleged employee misconduct.