Daniel was raised in the construction industry, and knows it—literally—from the ground up. His 360-degree expertise provides exceptional service and protection for his clients. Fortune 500 companies depend on Daniel for construction counseling, contract analysis, and negotiations. He is the lead construction counsel for one of the country’s most successful food concession companies in public/private endeavors across the United States and Canada. He works with owners to maintain control of their projects, with contractors to regulate their subcontractors, and with all clients to prevent excessive cost overruns and delays.
Daniel is adept at helping clients avoid expensive litigation through the use of mediation and arbitration. When litigation becomes the best path forward, Daniel takes his cases to trial and prosecutes or defends them vigorously. His record of positive outcomes includes successfully recovering $20 million from a Fortune 500 construction company and national architectural firm in a construction defect case that involved five years of litigation and three months of trial.
Daniel’s goal is to help clients navigate the complexities of California’s construction industry and protect their interests at every project stage.
- Recovered $2.875 million on behalf of a client against general contractor for failing to complete the construction of the largest residence in the city of Pleasanton.
- Recovered in excess of $750,000 for a Sacramento construction company.
- Recovered $20 million from a Fortune 500 construction company and national architectural firm for the defective design and construction of a hotel casino expansion and construction of two restaurants and a warehouse.
- Recovered $98,000 for a developer in a construction defect claim.
- Collected more than $250,000 in unpaid rents after trying a rent action to verdict.
- Recovered $500,000 in rent action against national tenant.
- Recovered in excess of $300,000 on a foreclosure of mechanic’s lien action.
- Recovered $1,800,000 for a local developer in a construction defect claim.
- Favorably resolved construction defect litigation for regional landowner against the general contractor in a $3,500,000 construction defect and delay claim.
- Recovered in excess of $100,000 on mechanic’s lien claims on behalf of subcontractor where land developer filed for bankruptcy and more than 25 other subcontractors were unable to collect on their lien claims.
- Defended major land developer/owner against lawsuit filed by design professional by establishing that the design professional failed to meet industry standards and fulfill its contractual obligations.
- Successfully defended $20 million land purchase dispute and pierced the corporate veil to recover attorneys’ fees from the individual claimant.
- Recovered $275,000 in judgments for general contractor against landowner who failed to pay contract obligations.
- Recovered in excess of $250,000 when tenant wrongfully terminated lease.
- Resolved/settled more than 75 ADA claims against landowners and property management companies.