Mark also loves working with craft breweries, advising owners, brewers, and managers about the endless array of legal issues facing their evolving industry. California is a hotbed for craft brewing, and Mark has visited breweries throughout the state, getting to know the wide variety of hoppy suds that its brewers are making daily. Mark’s unique business and legal background helps him offer practical, effective legal advice to his clients, avoiding many of the common pitfalls that bog down new and emerging breweries.
Prior to joining Weintraub, Mark obtained both litigation and transactional experience in real estate, commercial, corporate, and other business matters. He has worked at several law firms in the Sacramento area, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California, and both public and private companies. He received his J.D. and M.B.A. from the University of California, Davis, in 2011 and his B.A. (double major in Political Science and History) from the University of California, Los Angeles.
In his free time, Mark spends time playing basketball, comparing IPAs, wrestling with his French Bulldog, and rooting for the Sacramento Kings, San Francisco 49ers, and the UCLA Bruins.
Purchase and Sale
- Represented local real estate investment and development firm in the acquisition of $35M+ portfolio of Class A office properties.
- Represented developer/property manager in acquisition of multi-building, $17M+ office complex.
- Represented local recycling company in exercise of lease option and purchase of vacant land for expansion of production facilities.
- Represented growing local technology company in acquisition of $2M industrial property for expansion of operations and improvement of internal efficiencies.
- Represented medical office operator in negotiation of the acquisition of office condominium property and related co-tenancy agreement.
- Represented local developer in the disposition of ~$160M Class A office project.
- Represented trust estate in the disposition of $22M+ multifamily apartment complex.
- Represented locally-based technology company in the disposition of 60,000 square foot industrial warehouse in Rocklin.
- Represented fiduciary in the disposition of 30,000 square foot retail center.
- Represented electronic accessory manufacturer and distributor as a tenant in a long-term industrial lease for 116,000+ square feet in newly-constructed distribution facility.
- Represented tenant in long-term lease negotiations for 22,000 square foot new gym facility and retail outlet.
- Represented grocery store operator as tenant in exercise of lease option and purchase of real property for new retail grocery center.
- Represented landlord/seller in negotiation of lease, lease enforcement action, and subsequent disposition of stand alone retail restaurant space.
- Represented large landowner and gas station franchisee in long-term ground lease and development with Starbucks and Chevron.
- Represented local landowner and developer in preparation of form lease and subsequent lease negotiations and amendments for large, multi-building office complexes.
- Represented seller and landlord in negotiated sale and leaseback of dental practice and dental offices.
- Represented international lender in $30M+ refinancing of construction company client’s real estate loan and operating line of credit in connection with expansion and remodel of corporate facilities.
- Represented local lender in a $12M tax-exempt financing transaction for the development of a new local theatre and entertainment complex.
- Represented regional lender in $5M construction loan financing secured by marina development on state land.
- Represented local lender in $5M tax-exempt refinancing of school facilities at local religious school.
- Represented large Central California landholder in various boundary, easement, and title issues in connection with the development of large, master-planned golf and resort community.
- Represented local developer in negotiation of operating agreement for the development of mixed-use residential and retail project in downtown Sacramento.
- Represented developer in a master-planned residential community project in the Central Valley, including negotiation with the Bureau of Real Estate.
- Represented local developer in disposition of entitled mixed-use project, including loan workout of with lender.
- Served as outside general counsel to growing nutritional supplement company, including product licensing, manufacturing agreements, and spinoff transaction of business line.
- Represented local construction company in shareholder dispute and corporate buyout against investment partners.
- Represented growing local interior design company with expansion into new retail space and partnership with international distributor to expand market share and influence.
- Represented local biotech company in technology licensing, product distribution agreements, and acquisition of real estate.
- Represented franchisee operator in connection with disposition of 11 national pizza chain franchises throughout California.
- Represented local veterinarian in disposition of practice to the national operator and cash-out for doctor.
- Represented brewing company in an intellectual property dispute against infringing restaurant operator.