Weintraub litigators assist clients with disputes arising from corporate formations, acquisitions, sales, ownership, and operation. These include shareholder and corporate governance disputes, as well as disputes over shareholder rights and fiduciary duties. Our attorneys provide counsel regarding derivative suits, conflicts between a corporation’s officers and directors, and a wide variety of disputes over governing documents such as buy/sell agreements, operating agreements, and bylaws.
Our attorneys provide clients with strategic, cost-effective solutions that strive to minimize the impact on day-to-day business concerns, with the goal of allowing business owners and principals to focus on running their businesses. If it appears that a better outcome can be obtained through alternative dispute resolution, Weintraub litigators are available to assist.
Weintraub corporate litigators have assisted individuals, emerging companies, publicly-traded companies, privately-held and family-owned businesses, as well as large, multinational entities in a wide range of industries including agribusiness, manufacturing, biotech, construction, technology, and engineering.
- Obtained an early dismissal with prejudice on behalf of publicly-traded company in securities class action lawsuit.
- Represented helicopter parts manufacturer in an arbitration with a minority partner concerning rights arising under an asset purchase agreement and operating agreement. Our client sued the minority partner for breach of representations and warranties concerning assets contributed by the minority partner. The minority partner sued for breach of fiduciary duties under the partnership agreement. We obtained a million dollar award against the minority partner and prevailed on the breach of fiduciary duties claims by the minority partner.
- Represented general partner in an arbitration initiated by a minority limited partner concerning access to partnership records and confidential information. Prevailed in arbitration and awarded attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained arbitration award on behalf of minority member against majority member of a real estate development LLC related to valuation rights, accounting, and liquidation value after majority member wrongfully terminated LLC.
- Represented substantial Silicon Valley developers as plaintiffs in a lawsuit against a general partner of a limited partnership for breach of fiduciary duty, mis-management, and fraud. The partnership owned substantial commercial properties in the greater Sacramento area. Settlement involved complicated accounting and tax issues and ultimately settled with our clients being distributed the partnership assets.
- Extensive representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in numerous actions involving corporate and partnership issues, including breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of assets and opportunity, mismanagement, minority shareholder disputes, and dissolution and accounting.
Gary Bradus in the Sacramento Business Journal: Kru Owner Sues Business Partners, Accusing Them Of Siphoning Funds To Other Businesses
In an article in the Sacramento Business Journal, Felicia Alvarez writes that the owner of popular local sushi restaurant Kru Contemporary Japanese Cuisine has filed a lawsuit against his business partners Madrow-Bazett,