David W. Creeggan
David Creeggan is a shareholder in the Firm’s Real Estate practice group. Dave’s practice focuses on commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, tax-deferred exchanges, development, financing, build-to-suit, ground leasing, leasing for office, retail, industrial, multi-family and agricultural properties, sale-leaseback transactions, title matters, easements, CC&Rs, and asset management. His clients, ranging from family-owned businesses to publicly traded companies, include commercial property owners, investors, developers, asset managers, brokers, and receivers in various matters involving commercial real estate.
Dave regularly advises clients on complex real estate matters throughout the state and is a frequent panelist and lecturer at seminars on the topics of purchase and sale agreements, commercial leasing, lease interpretation, duties and obligations of commercial brokers, lease enforcement, and emerging trends in commercial real estate.
A seasoned real estate attorney, Dave serves on several boards and participates in numerous organizations throughout the region, including the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Sacramento, the Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE) Sacramento, and Make-A-Wish Northeastern & Central California and Northern Nevada. Dave has an AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, and was honored with the BOMA Sacramento Service Award in 2017 and as the Principal Member of the Year in 2013.
Dave believes in the importance of community and family. An active father of two, Dave lends his time to coaching his son’s little league baseball team, and enjoys golfing, camping, and fly fishing in his free time. He earned his J.D. from the Santa Clara University School of Law in 2004, and his B.A. from Willamette University in Salem, OR in 2000.
- Represented multiple owners, investors and developers in acquisition and disposition of office buildings, medical office, retail centers, industrial buildings, multi-family projects, agricultural land and land for future development.
- Represented prominent local investors/developers in subdivision and disposition of land for development, requiring preparation of complex joint development agreements and ancillary documents for compliance with governmental requirements.
- Represented owners/investors in disposition of investment properties and acquisition of replacement assets through 1031 exchanges.
- Represented landlords and tenants in ground leasing for student housing development, hotels, carwash facilities, and fast casual and fast food restaurants with drive through services.
- Represented owner in sale of connected large retail centers, including transfer and assumption of cross-collateralized CMBS financing.
- Represented sellers and buyers in disposition and acquisition of medical office buildings, both for investment purposes and owner-occupancy.
- Represented hotel developer in acquisition of land and entitlement for development and construction of hotels.
- Represented owner in disposition of industrial project to major California utility provider, which required coordination with various governmental agencies.
- Represented multiple owners/investors in disposition of agriculture and ranch land to various developers and governmental agencies.
- Represented both buyers and sellers in the negotiation and preparation of option contracts to acquire and dispose of land for future entitlement and development.
- Represented landlords and tenants in leasing for office use, retail services, restaurant operations ranging from fast food to sit-down dining, health and fitness clubs, grocery stores, athletic equipment retailers, sales of apparel, big box retail, home furnishings, car wash facilities, bar and nightclub operations, gas station facilities, agricultural use, industrial yard space, and industrial buildings.
- Represented multiple owners in connection with office building leases to the State of California.
State Bar of California, Real Property Section
Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE) Sacramento
Board of Directors
Vice-President (2022 – Present)
Treasurer (2020 – 2021)
Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Sacramento
Board of Directors
Emerging Leaders Committee Chair (2011 – 2015)
Make-A-Wish Northeastern & Central California and Northern Nevada
Board of Directors
Secretary (2021 – Present)
Lambda Alpha International
Member (2018 – Present)
Sacramento Regional Council, Make-A-Wish
Chair (2015 – 2018)
Council Member (2013 – 2018)
California Receiver’s Forum, Sacramento Valley Chapter
Member (2011 – 2014)
AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
Northern California SuperLawyers ®, 2019 – 2021
Northern California Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2014 – 2017
Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2015 – 2021, Real Estate
Sacramento Business Journal’s Best of the Bar, 2015 – 2019
BOMA Sacramento – Service Award, 2017
BOMA Sacramento – Principal Member of the Year, 2013
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2004
B.A., Willamette University, Salem, 2000
Real Estate Attorney David W. Creeggan joins Weintraub Tobin
Weintraub is pleased to announce that David W. Creeggan has joined the firm as a shareholder in the Real Estate group. He will be based in Weintraub’s Sacramento office. Dave handles commercial real estate matters involving acquisitions,